My friend and I were talking about smoking and the difficulties of quitting. I was telling him that he KNOWS it's bad for him, so why doesn't he just muster enough will power to quit! He agreed with me, and he said he's tried to quit, but it's so extremely difficult. It's an addiction. It's hard. Then he asked me, "Have YOU ever been addicted to anything??" I thought hard for a couple of seconds, trying to think of something I've ever been addicted to... Drugs? No. Alcohol? No. Stealing? No. Food! Ummm... no. I finally thought of something. "Well... the only thing I've ever been addicted to is... reading." I don't think there's a geekier answer out there. We laughed so hard, tears spewed! But it was true at the time. Books were all I could think about. I couldn't wait to get home and start reading. I knew I had to stop reading when the wee hours of the night started creeping up on me, but noooooo, I was ADDICTED. Ho ho ho. But yes, reading is an easier habit to quit than nicotine. The two can't really be compared.
P.S. This is pretty obvious, but no, I did not have a boyfriend at the time. =D
4 comments:
geekazoid to the 4th power!
SAD, just sad
what this thing you call reading?
Post a Comment