Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fraud and the Pissed Off Me

I am so pissed off right now. Steve and I went to Mexico in January and someone there got a hold of my credit card number and got $1700 from a Western Union type place in Belize! I got a call from Citibank asking if these transactions were authorized, and of course, NO. We never went to Belize. So I had to cancel my credit card, go through the whole affidavit and notarizing process, thinking it'll be taken care of, and I won't have to worry about anything else. A few weeks later, I receive a letter saying that if I STILL don't recognize these charges, sign the goddamn letter and mail it back, otherwise, they'll put the charges back on. I thought this was ridiculous because I had already signed the goddamn affidavit saying that I didn't, but I signed it and mailed it back right away. Luckily, I've made copies of everything I've done for this annoying ordeal. SO! I find out that the charges are back on my card because they said they never received that ridiculous letter I signed saying that I STILL don't authorize the charges. This is so goddamn annoying. I already said once that I did not authorize the charges. Must I say it again?? I hate repeating myself. It seems to me that this may be a way of making either lazy or unaware credit card holders pay for unauthorized charges. Shame on them!! They are supposed to offer protection when they give out the goddamn plastic, and now that customers get ripped off by frauds, they make the victim pay?!?! That's outrageous. This process is sneaky and unethical. I totally feel victimized! Well, I'm calling again tomorrow morning to complain. This better have a good ending. God! So pissed off...

3 comments:

LANCINESS said...

Good luck with that Josephine. I know that could be quite an annoying ordeal. I wish you the best. I remember Jared had charges on his card that weren't his. They charged some lingerie and sent it someplace in Richmond. I think he had to end up paying. I guess I will buy that fraud loss protection for all my credit cards.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with you, Hong? I don't think you should be using "godamn" so much. Instead you should be using "God bless". Like "God blessed me to be able to travel to Mexico to begin with" and "even though I'm having trouble with the credit card company, God bless them anyway because God has blessed me with money to even use a credit card and pay it off".

Anonymous said...

goddamn it hong stop swearing goddamn it. goddamn credit cards thiefs can kiss my goddamn ass. whoops, did i say to much. anyways, i hope you resolve the problem.