Throughout my childhood, there was this girl who lived with us. I think she's my mom's cousin's daughter. My mom promised her cousin that she would take care of her in America, so she did. Her name is Anh. Anh wasn't a looker. There were no beauty pageants to be won. She wasn't homely either, just plain. No makeup. No fancy clothes. No haughty attitude. She looks more feminine now, but when she was a teen, things were a little different.
One day after school, my mom took her to get a $3 haircut. ($3! Can you believe it?!) She was in high school at the time. The person started cutting her hair. He cut and cut. And kept cutting. Anh started to look worried. With a puzzled look, she said, "You're cutting my hair so short..." The man took a step back and peered at her. "WHAT?! You're not a boy?! I thought you're a boy!!" So that day, she ended up with a boy cut.
Hahahah!! I can't imagine how it would feel if someone had mistaken me for a boy!! Oh wait. That HAS happened before. I was wearing a big sweatshirt and a cap with the bill pulled down. A man referred to me as my mom's SON. Hahaha... That was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment