This one isn't actually a "moment," rather a habit that I've developed over the years. It's quite annoying, but can't seem to shake it off.
My freshman year in high school, I took a keyboarding class. Since typing was never a skill I had to learn until then, needless to say, I was painfully slow and made countless errors. I think my speed was like 15 wpm. LOL! I was determined to improve. Whenever my hands were free, I'd imagine a keyboard in front of me and try to memorize the location of each key. Once I got better at that, I started typing out thoughts in my head, other people's conversations, etc. My typing speed got so fast some people would laugh and assume I was just hitting any key for fun, like a total maniac. But yeah, I was actually typing! Well, all this air-typing has annoyingly become second nature to me. I sometimes find myself typing out my thoughts or what others are saying, and it's really really annoying. When I find myself doing that, I clench my fists or squeeze my hands and say "Stop it! Stop it!" I've had one or two curious looks from people before. Looked kinda psycho, I guess. =)
2 comments:
No way! You too?! Dude, ever since that keyboarding class in high school (were we in the same class?) I kinda started doing the same thing! Like, when people are talking to you, are you sometimes distracted cuz you're trying to type as fast as they talk? And your fingers get into that typing position? Man, I thought I was the only one who was really weird. And you know what else?? I'm totally kidding. You are really weird, Hong.
you should be a courtroom typist...
Post a Comment