Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pet Peeve #3 - Cute Women

After working a 12 hour day and only sleeping for two hours the previous night, I cannot sleep again for some odd reason. For the first few hours, I kept thinking about designing web pages. How irritating. But now, I'm wide awake with a total of FOUR hours of sleep for the past two nights! I usually always get at least eight per night. Anyway, what better to do when I can't sleep than share my complaints with my avid fans. Heh heh heh. What fans...

Anyway, I think it's important that we all, as adults, stay connected to the youth in us. We all like to be kids again from time to time and play and joke around like little fourth graders. This keeps us sane, human, and maybe even young! So in my opinion, it's completely fine to goof around with friends as if you're all in elementary school again, well, as long as it's the right time and place to do it, but it is NOT okay when grown women act like little girls. There seems to be three types of little girl roles they take on. One, the bratty little girl, two, the helpless little girl, and three, the happy little girl. I hate all three. Can't stand them.

I'm sure you all have encountered these little acts before, but if you haven't, observe, and you'll find that they're all around you... What a frightening thought. So there's a bunch of things these grown adults do. Some only do some, but God help us, some do ALL of them.

1. This is the most obvious. Talk with little girl voices.
2. Use little kid words.
3. Try to pull off doing cute puppy eyes (like Puss 'n Boots) as they're trying to make someone do a simple chore for them. (Do it yourself, woman!!)
4. Then huff and puff and pout when they don't get their way.
5. Wear pigtails. Okay, in my opinion, the only grown women who can wear pigtails and look good wearing them are cowgirls, adult industry women, and Hooters servers.
6. They literally interact and talk to you like you're both five-year-olds.

So apparently, it's a fad right now among the HK girls to do numbers 1 and 2. (Heh heh... it's a fad to do #1 & 2... That's funny. God. I can't stop laughing...) And I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but that's just what I've observed. I see this in Chinese commercials, on the streets, and my sister tells me some of her friends have been doing this lately. I just don't understand why adults try to act like little girls! Maybe guys like that kind of thing? That's the only reason I can think of... If there are any guys reading this, please, if you have time to leave a comment, let me know how you feel about this. I'm very curious to know what your perspective may be.

I totally don't dig it. When you become a woman, it means that you're an adult. In most cases, you no longer have to depend on someone else for things. Be independent. Stop ACTING helpless, and stop using your little voices. It's so much more attractive when a woman is confident and can take care of herself.

P.S. I take back what I said about the pigtails thing. It really depends on how you wear them.

3 comments:

Jacuta said...

I kinda like pigtails. :-)

denise said...

I totally agree. It's sickening...what planet are they from? And guys, why in the world would you want a girl that speaks in babytalk, a crybaby and soo limp, she can't do anything herself? C'mon, be realistic now!

JV- I'm so glad you brought this up b/c we need to address this. What are you going to do about? :)

Anonymous said...

It's better than guys acting like little girls.