Monday, April 19, 2010

Twilight Series

I found this old entry that was never published, so to my readers, my views on the Twilight series from last August...

After much resistance on my part, my friend finally succeeded into making me read the Twilight series. I'm currently on the fourth book. Overall, it's been an enjoyable read. I totally get why so many chicks dig this series. Even I was crooning over Edward during the first two books. It was written for all females (and some males) who have wanted it all, so much so that their desires can only come true in fiction. And that's one of the two most annoying things in this series. (The first is her horrible writing, but I won't get into that because you can kind of overlook that after the first book.) It's TOO MUCH!

1. Bella has horrible self esteem. She keeps putting herself down. She is convinced she is not good enough for Edward and is always afraid he'll leave her.

2. OK. We get it. Edward is hot. His eyes smolder. Kissing him makes her dizzy every time. But do you really have to mention it EVERY SINGLE TIME???

3. Does every single teenage boy in the books have to have a crush on Bella? Isn't that a bit much?

4. Her way of dealing with Edward leaving her in book 2 was ridiculous. I understand the pain, because I've certainly been there, but no one should act that way after a guy dumps her. This is setting a very bad example for young girls. They'll think it's okay to throw yourself into misery for MONTHS over a boy. That is not cool.

5.

***

This posting was never finished, but I don't want to waste my time on Twilight.

No comments: