Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's Frozen WHAT?!

I have never thought about human waste in outer space. Well, why would I? That is until I read something in one of my books. So it turns out that urine is evaporated into space while solid waste is stored in airtight bags and frozen to bring back to Earth. Can you imagine being the lucky person who gets the privilege of cleaning this stuff out? It'd be funnier if the bags were transparent! (And I certainly hope they're not. Hmm... I see that astronaut so-and-so ate corn on May 9, 2007.) Could they be confused with frozen rolls of cookie dough?

And the method they used before this was some sort of napkin which they lovingly called "nappy." One soiled by a famous astronaut can be found at some museum. (Sorry, forgot the details.) Final thought... Who in the world would want to see one that's been used?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frozen, like ur and the old man's love life. sorry, had to get u back. - LP